July 2, 2016 by Tor Park
10 Questions With Our Wonderful Stepney City Farmers
Jasmin is one of our volunteers here at the Farm. We asked her 10 questions about what brought her to the Farm, her thoughts on the Farm – and what she would recommend…
1. How did you first hear about Stepney City Farm?
When I first moved to London around 3 years ago I was looking for something a little more outdoorsy and that’s how I came across city farms
2. How long have you been volunteering here?
2 years and 3 months
3. What made you want to become a volunteer here?
After I discovered the farm and visited it, I could really see what it was giving back to the community, and moving into the community I wanted to give back. I find myself at peace here.
4. What is your favourite thing about Stepney City Farm?
Other then the spectacular food, gorgeous animals and brilliant peers? I love how much the people here really care, people choose to work/volunteer for this amazing cause and how there’s never a dull moment. It excites me to be apart of something that gives back.
5. What have you learnt from your experience here?
So many different life skills, animal skills and how much I really like turning compost. Not to mention so much more about sustainability and the environment.
6. If there is one thing you could take home from the farm, what would it be?
All of the Guinea pigs (I’ve already taken two :)) and all of Jess Joss’s pottery.
7. What do you recommend that other people could try at the Farm?
Any one of Amy’s amazing cakes, and an open volunteering session – it’s an amazing experience and you’ll want to keep coming back.
8. What are your favourite animals here?
Guinea pigs, chickens and bees. Bees are one of the most important part of our ecosystem and we are trying our best to knowledge share that.
9. Is there anything you would like to see more of?
More sunshine so I can really enjoy summer outside in the Farm, more bees (and guinea pigs)
10. And finally, 3 words that describe the farm to you:
Category Uncategorized | Tags:
Sorry, comments are closed.