August 11, 2016 by Tori Flower
10 Questions With Our Wonderful Stepney City Farmers
Kevin works as Chief Executive here at the Farm. We asked 10 questions about what brought him to the Farm, and his thoughts on the Farm – and what he would recommend…
1. How did you first hear about Stepney City Farm?
Through the Federation of City farms and Community Gardens networking events. I think I first came here in 2008; it has changed beyond description. I was a bit scared to come in then.
2. How long have you been working here?
I have been here for 1 year, but it seems like only yesterday.
3. What made you want to work here?
I hadn’t worked with animals since my teens when I volunteered at the RSPCA. As soon as I walked in I thought it was an amazing venue and the more I learned of its varied activities the more I wanted to be a part of it. I have to confess the wonderful on-site café may have been the cherry on the icing on the cake!
4. What is your favourite thing about Stepney City Farm?
Chocolate Brownies! No the people involved staff, volunteers and trustees are so dedicated and enthusiastic it’s a pleasure to be here every day.
5. What have you learnt from your experience here?
I haven’t yet delivered an animal but am now fully prepared; I’ve a feeling I may regret saying this.
6. If there is one thing you could take home from the farm, what would it be?
Simon White our volunteer manager’s gardening skills.
7. What do you recommend that other people could try at the Farm?
The award winning Sunday Brunch of course!
I would love to be able to keep geese and goats; I find them to be friendly and inquisitive.
9. Is there anything you would like to see more of?
10. And finally, 3 words that describe the farm to you:
Increasing Community Resilience
Category Uncategorized | Tags:
Sorry, comments are closed.