August 23, 2018 by Tor Park
Come and join us down on the Farm to celebrate Harvest Festival!
Loads of fun things happening here on Sunday 23rd September
We are lining up the following activities, which will be supported or led by our Lead Grower AND our amazing Young Volunteers:
- Fruit and Vegetable treasure hunt
- Family Farm Club – harvest craft activity
- Tour of growing spaces including allotments
- Small animals show-and-tell
- Competition for the best cake, best jam/chutney, weirdest/largest vegetable
- Harvest related games e.g apple bobbing, pumpkin seed spitting competition
- Tasting sessions of raw farm produce and cooked dishes
- Stalls selling farm produce
- Cafe to feature even more Stepney grown produce as main ingredients in dishes – yum!
- Music and barn dancing sessions
Line up and timings for the day…
11am – 3pm Self-guided Fruit and Vegetable Treasure Hunt sheets available – Can you find all the produce that is growing around the farm?
1pm- 3pm Fruit and Vegetable Fabric Printing activity in The Gallery with Jala
11.30am and 2pm Take a tour of the farm’s growing spaces including the allotments with Shelagh our Lead Grower
12.30pm – 2pm Tasting sessions of raw farm produce and cooked dishes
1pm – 3pm Come and play harvest related games like apple bobbing, pumpkin seed spitting competitions, guess the weight of the pumpkin and longest apple peel competition. Prizes to be won!
12pm and 2pm Meet the chickens with Jane, who you may know from our Furry Tales team
1pm – 3pm Find out more about the donkeys, pigs, geese and ferrets with our amazing Young Volunteers
There will also be stalls selling farm produce, plants, compost, books and craft items and our delicious farm produce will be used in our farm café menu. Hot food will be available from 10.00am – 2.30pm. Teas, coffee and cakes available until 3.45pm.
Category Uncategorized | Tags:
Sorry, comments are closed.