Loved your trip to the farm? Got inspired to do more? Here are some ideas based on the session you did or curriculum area:
1. Farm Tour – Reflect on your trip with these two farmy writing frames, one blank and one with support. For upper KS2, learn more about our smallest farm animal with this Big Writing Frame on bees. For KS1, try our Activities Pack for fun crosswords, spelling pictures, and ‘farm or zoo’ quiz!
2. Farm to Fork workshop – Have a look at our farm-to-fork-extension with lots of exciting extra activities and resources. As well as the resources above, how about growing part of the children’s sandwich in your classroom (lettuce and tomatoes work well), or go all-out and grow the bread too! Here’s how.
3. Plants, food growing & gardening – Download our plants-food-growing-gardening-learning-extensions . Your students can definitely look after some plants in the classroom now, but is there an area outside they could take on as a growing club? Here’s some practical guidance.
5. Habitats! Homes for plants and animals – To continue your learning back in the classroom look at our habitats-learning-extensionsUse this Big Writing Frame the discover the impact of destroying bees’ habitats.
6. Animal Teeth & Feed – Ask your class to design their own top trumps game based on the animal’s teeth!
MATHS/NUMERACY: This amazing farm area and perimeter investigation is adaptable for most ability groups and is highly recommended, all you need is some squared paper!
Or how about trying our KS1 Activities Pack for fun crosswords, spelling pictures, and ‘farm or zoo’ quiz!