New Volunteer Role in the Blacksmiths Workshop!! See below for details:
Hear it from our volunteers: a short film capturing the spirit of the Farm, by Ed Young.
The Farm owes so much to all of its fantastic volunteers. They play a vital part in carrying out a huge array of tasks and making the Farm wonderful. We’d like to thank each and every one of them for their hard work and commitment. We have volunteers on site every day, but please check for current availability.
For general volunteering enquiries, please contact Simon (or Alex if you are under 18) for more information or call 020 7790 8204. Also make sure to check our Community Groups and Corporate Volunteers pages.
Current Volunteer Roles:
- Open Volunteering: (Tuesday and Thursday 1:00-4:00pm): A commitment free way to get involved in various farm activities – just pop along whenever you have a free afternoon.
- Crafty Saturdays (first Saturday of the month 10:00-4:00pm): Help our wonderful crafters with their fabulous ‘Crafty Saturdays‘, please get in touch with Jess for more details.
- Furry Tales Volunteers: Working on an exciting new project, using animals as therapy with older people, please get in touch with Ione for more details.
- Farmyard Volunteers: Helping out with the daily animal duties and keeping our furry and feathery residents happy and healthy is incredibly rewarding.
- Growing Volunteers: Join our ever-expanding gardening team, maintaining our growing spaces and harvesting produce for the Cafe.
- Cafe Volunteers (needed Wednesday to Sunday): Do you want to get experience and training in a community cafe, enjoy talking to customers and being creative? We are looking for dedicated volunteers to help out in the cafe, making and serving healthy, local food to our visitors.
- Young Volunteers Programme: (ages 12-17, Sunday 1:00-4:00pm): Become a farmer every week, working with all the plants and animals on the Farm. Contact email@example.com
- Youth and Education Volunteers: Support our work with schools and young people. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Volunteers: From time to time, we offer the chance to gain experience with Communications, Financial or Fundraising administrative work; this may be ad hoc or as an intern. These opportunities are posted on the Vacancies page.
- Corporate volunteers: We provide a range of corporate volunteer projects to suit various group sizes and budgets. Please visit our Corporate Volunteers page to find out more.
- Blacksmith Volunteer: The blacksmith workshop is run by Design Blacksmith Neil Stuart, who has worked in the trade for over 50 years. We are looking to take on a new volunteer who has an interest in metalwork and wishes to learn more about traditional and modern techniques.
What We Are Looking For
A commitment to volunteer at least 16hrs a week over 3 days (Tues – Sat)
A commitment to helping our local community
Friendly, positive and honest attitude
A willingness to listen and learn
Previous experience in metalwork, another craft or trade
What will do for you
Be part of the Stepney City Farm family. We have many different skills and experiences all there to help and support you if needed
Volunteer lunch and expenses supplied
Teach you all about our trade from the practical skills right through to the admin side of running a small business
Help to find and fund training courses
Support to help you find employment
This volunteer position is open to anyone who is interested. However a good standard of English and health is required. All volunteers are required to have a Disclosure and Baring Service check. Having any previous convictions does not automatically excluded anyone from volunteering.
To apply or for more info: email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and group options please contact email@example.com
A big thank you to the Big Lottery Fund for supporting our volunteering programme.